Orange duck with attitude!
2 cOrange juice
1 1⁄2 tLemon juice
2Jalapeno peppers (seeded and chopped)
- Preheat oven to 140C
- Clean the duck, inside and out, and pat dry. Leave it to dry thoroughly, about 15 minutes.
- Snip off the wing tips, and trim the fat around the neck and cavity.
- Rub salt and pepper into the cavity and around the duck.
- Pierce through the skin all around the duck, taking care not to pierce the flesh.
- Place the duck breast side up on roasting pan. Roast for an hour.
- Transfer the duck to a platter and drain off the duck fat into a heat proof bowl or measuring cup.
- Return duck to roasting pan and pierce the skin again to drain off the fat.
- Turn the duck breast side down, and roast for another hour.
- Lather, rinse, repeat steps 8 & 9 above. (Okay, put the soap down, really just repeat the steps.)
- Remove from oven, cover with aluminium foil and let the duck rest for 20 minutes before carving.
- Carve and drizzle with Orange Jalapeño Sauce. Serve with more sauce on the side for dipping.
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 whole Jalapeños seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- In a small saucepan, combine orange juice, lemon juice, garlic, jalapeno, and honey.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thickened and about 1/2 cup remains, (about 40 minutes).
- With a slotted spoon, remove garlic and jalapeno pieces, press syrup from pieces with another spoon, and discard.